Schwarzenegger might return to acting
The Austrian newspaper “krone.at” has a three part interview with Schwarzenegger (part 1, part 2, part 3). A few tidbits:
- When asked about his abysmal approval ratings, he says that he had to leave his job too soon, that he is sorry he wasn’t able to finish it. One of the reasons for the low ratings is that he doubled the deficit of his predecessor after promising to get California out of dept.
- He mentions that politics cost him 200 million dollars.
- He is currently looking at three scripts, one of them sounds like “With Wings as Eagles” which “Braveheart” writer Randall Wallace wrote in 2001. So, a return to acting is an option.
- When he was a kid, his mom was worried that he might be gay, because the walls of his room were plastered by naked oily muscular men (we already know where this lead).
- He mentions his various sides getting the upper hand depending on the issue. He voted in favor of Obama’s health care reform and attributes it to his Austrian side (while being a Republican), he was in favor of the death penalty (which caused an uproar in Austria), which he attributes to his American side, etc.
- Protecting the environment is a common thread that unites him with his political successor Jerry Brown, a democrat.