Twitter to eliminate their hashbang (#!) URLs
- plus, now I'm in charge of undoing twitters hashbang URLs I can confirm that all the issues in that article are very real.
- x months from now (when your project completes) Twitter will no longer use hashbangs?
- correct. All gone. It was a mistake for several reasons. PushState or bust.
- You're going to revert to page refreshes if the browser doesn't support PushState? Adding PushState support progressively?
The hashbang URLs are a nuisance. For example: there are always two versions of each URL, e.g.:
that changed a while ago. You now can arbitrarily change a URL, as long as the domain stays the same.
- “The pushState() method” on MDN